The Pickled Quail with EVOO It is a dish made by hand, which is cooked with the original recipe and over low heat. It is no longer necessary that to enjoy this delicacy you have to debone this small piece with so many bones, we do it for you.
Preparation of the false lasagna of pickled quail and candied artichokes.
- 6-8 wonton sheets
- 1 jar of pickled quail from La Chinata
- 1 jar of candied artichokes from La Chinata
- 1 cup bechamel sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil from La Chinata
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a frying pan, heat a little Extra Virgin Olive Oil of La Chinata over medium-high heat. Add the pickled quail of La Chinata and cook for about 5-7 minutes, until golden. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In the same skillet, add the hearts of candied artichokes of La Chinata and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until golden. Remove from heat and reserve.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook wonton sheets for 2-3 minutes, until al dente. Drain and reserve.
- In a baking dish, place a layer of the wonton sheets in the bottom. Cover with a layer of pickled quail from La Chinata and another layer of candied artichoke hearts from La Chinata.
- Add a layer of bechamel sauce and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Repeat this process until you run out of ingredients, making sure to finish with a layer of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy this delicious “false lasagna” with pickled quail from La Chinata, candied artichokes of La Chinata and Wonton pasta.
How to make wonton pasta? Here we also teach you.
Preparation of wonton dough.
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the egg and warm water.
- Mix with a fork or hand mixer until ingredients are well combined.
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Form a ball with the dough and wrap it in plastic wrap. Let rest in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the dough out of the fridge and cut it into smaller pieces.
- Roll out each piece of dough with a rolling pin until it is about 1-2mm thick.
- Use a pastry cutter or knife to cut the dough into approximately 7cm x 7cm squares.
- Place a small amount of filling in the center of each dough square.
- Fold the dough into a triangle, making sure that the filling is well sealed and does not come out.
- Cook the wonton noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain the pasta and use it in the desired recipe.
Ready! Now you know how to make homemade wonton batter to use in your favorite recipes.