Shopping Cart

No products in the cart.

Home Phone Cart0
El Muelle de Olaso

El Muelle de Olaso

750 ml | 0 € / 1 l
Disponible

El Muelle de Olaso is a white wine from Cádiz, 100% made from Palomino Fino grapes at the Luis Pérez winery.

On the nose, it shows notes of tropical fruits such as bananas and pineapple, blended together with some fresher ones such as apple and pear. On the mouth, the sapid sensations typical of the El Corregidor estate in the Carrascal vineyard, which extends the wine in a long aftertaste, can be appreciated,

It pairs perfectly with oysters, lobster, prawns, shrimp and squid; low fat meats and soft cheeses, like Edam or Brie; nutmeg, saffron and ginger.

The recommended serving temperature is 9ºC.

Comparte este producto

Description

Fact sheet

Winery: Bodegas Luis Pérez
Brand: El Muelle de Olaso
Designation: VT Cádiz
Type: White wine
Vintage: 2021
Alcohol: 14%
Type of grapes: 100% Palomino Fino
Time of ageing: 6 month of ageing on lees in tanks

Vineyards and elaboration

The vineyard is 40 years old and it is pruned ‘a moflete’, a peculiar way typical of Jerez to lead vineyards that are not longer able to be pruned by rod and thumb. The crop yield is around 5000 kgs per hectare, due to its old age and type of pruning. The soil is Albariza type, characterised by its laminated marl that ressembles the side of a deck of cards.

Vintage takes place steadily for almost 2 months.

80% of the grapes ferment in stainless steel deposits at a low temperature, the remaining 20% are left in the sun (‘asoleo’) and they ferment in a sherry winebag soaked in wine, opened on december. Then the wine is blended and stays on lees in a tank for another 6 months.

The winery

Bodegas Luis Pérez starts in 2002 under the following premise: ‘Jerez must go back to the vineyard’. Since then, he has gone great lenghts to develop personal projects to interpret his homeland.

Its story begins in a buildig dated from 1844. It was restored and they made wine there for some years, until thay buit the ney winery for size reasons.

They do a noctural handmade harvesting and work with a selection table and gravity-led runoff. Depending on the plot and the type of grape, they do diverse elaborations, always experimenting and trying to learn every year.

Nowadays they work with stailess steel deposits, vats, barrels, concrete and winebags, although winemaking depends more on the origing of the grape rather than on the material when it is done.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “El Muelle de Olaso”

Your email address will not be published.

Ingredientes

Contains sulfits.

Enviamos a todo el mundo