How to preserve olive kitchenware?
For the correct preservation and maintenance of this and any utensil made with olive wood, we recommend the following:
- Do not put in the dishwasher: this appliance, although very useful and effective, can damage and shorten the life of the product. In addition, it takes away the shine from our kitchenware made with olive wood.
- Hand wash with your usual detergent: this way we will ensure that special care is given and the material is not "mistreated".
- Do not store in a humid environment: remember that it is wood and this, as any organic material, can give rise to the proliferation of bacteria.
- Let dry completely: placing utensils upright and letting them air dry is the best way to end the cleaning process.
- Hydrate the wood with oil: after washing, the wood acquires a whitish tone due to dehydration. For this reason, it is necessary to spread the utensils with olive oil and let it absorb so that it recovers its shine and natural colours.