Chestnuts are a dry fruit of the autumn season and have very special properties as they are very rich in carbohydrates, perfect for the coldest days of autumn due to their great energy contribution as well as their satiating qualities. In addition, it is highly recommended for states of mental or physical decay because it nourishes and comforts.
For this reason, we propose this recipe for cake with chestnut cream to sweeten your most autumnal afternoons, put on your apron and take note!
CHESTNUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 300 gr. of chestnuts
- 300 ml. milk
- 200 gr. of sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 eggs
- 250 gr. sugar
- 300 gr. Of flour
- 150 gr. butter
- 300 ml. liquid cream
- 16 gr. yeast
- Apple jam with cinnamon La Chinata
- Chocolate Cream with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Salt Flower La Chinata
To make the chestnut cream:
1. We begin by preparing the chestnut sauce and to do this, we make a cut in each chestnut and put them to cook in water for about 20 minutes.
2. While they are still hot, peel them and remove the inner skin.
3. In a pot, we put the milk, the peeled chestnuts, the sugar and the cinnamon.
Let everything cook for 10 minutes so that all the ingredients infuse and are aromatized.
4. Finally, we remove the cinnamon stick and crush everything with the mixer.
We let our cream reserve in a bowl until it tempers.
To make the cake:
1. Separate the whites from the yolks and put the whites in a bowl with half the sugar and a pinch of salt and mount until stiff.
2. In another bowl we put the yolks with the rest of the sugar and we begin to beat until they are white.
3. When they have done so, we add the cream and continue beating to integrate all the ingredients. Once everything is integrated, add the previously prepared chestnut cream and mix.
4. Once everything is integrated, we sift the flour with the help of a strainer and beat it at low speed for about 2 minutes.
5. After that time we mix the egg whites with the sugar with surrounding movements so that the meringue does not go down and we have a homogeneous mixture.
6. Let's pour our mixture into a round mold of at least 20 cm.
Previously we have had our oven preheating to 170º and we have it there for 45 minutes.
TRICK: When we check with a toothpick that it comes out clean, we will be sure that our cake is completely done.
7. Remove and let cool on a wire rack.
8. Cut in half and fill with our favorite jam. In this case we have used apple jam with cinnamon that goes very well.
9. Then we can decorate by sprinkling with icing sugar.